One of the most popular breakfast dishes in my household is vegan pancakes. My daughter loves them so much that she would eat them every day if she could. I discovered the recipe on tasty.co and decided to add my own twist to them. These vegan pancakes are light, fluffy, and incredibly delicious. They are a perfect breakfast or brunch option that the whole family can enjoy. Give them a try, and I’m sure they’ll become a favorite in your household too. I’m excited to share them with you!
To make them kid-friendly, I prepare two batches – one with no sugar and no salt for my kids, and another batch for the rest of the family.
Vegan Pancakes Recipe
1 cup of all-purpose organic flour
2 tablespoons of organic sugar
1 tablespoon of organic flax seeds
1/2 tablespoon of organic hemp seeds
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of homemade almond milk or regular almond milk ( I love the Malk brand )
One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of almond extract (you could also use vanilla instead of almond for a more traditional pancake option)
vegan maple syrup, to serve
HOW TO MAKE
- Put your flour, sugar, flax seeds, hemp seeds, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add your almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and almond extract. Stir.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, stir them together, and let your batter sit for 5-10 minutes. You want the consistency to be thick, not runny.
- Pour your desired amount of batter onto a nonstick pan on medium heat. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve with fresh berries and vegan maple syrup.
xo – Chelsea
~ For more vegan recipes like this, be sure to check out my eBook bundle, The Green Upgrade: How to take care of YOU and feel good inside and out using plant-based practices and holistic principles.